Are You Ready to Get A Spot on the Open Streets route?
Your business or organization has the opportunity to participate in Open Streets Lancaster, a family-friendly initiative that transforms our City’s streets.
Being on the street is a great opportunity to support goals that serve to enrich our community and build a strong local economy through healthy living, active transportation, civic pride and increased personal connections with small businesses and local organizations.
We ask you to host a physical or mental activity at your street spot. A $100 donation from all vendors is requested to help offset event costs.
*If you would like to register for direct sales of product or services, or are promoting products with age restrictions such as CBD, please contact Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to registration for approval. Only a limited number of vendor registrations are available for direct sales.”
*When submitting your donation, please only click once. Multiple clicks result in multiple transactions. Duplicate transactions will be refunded within 10 business days.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions:
- Lancaster Rec requests at least 4 weeks’ notice before the event date regarding potential participation.
- Confirmed programmers and tablers are responsible for providing and setting up all equipment required (including tables, chairs, tents, finding access to a power source if possible, etc.).
- Lancaster Rec will direct all confirmed programmers and tablers to a designated location on the street (a business already located on the street will be able to use the street space adjacent to its business location).
- Food trucks interested in participating should contact Lancaster Rec.
- Open Streets Lancaster is a smoke-free event, so we do not allow any programs that promote the use of or include tobacco products.
- Local businesses along the route can have their own programming on their properties; they are encouraged to work closely with Lancaster Rec to ensure a safe, friendly and well-coordinated environment during the event.
- On the day of the event, you may begin setting up at 10 a.m. Vehicles must be removed from the street by 10:45 a.m.
- The street will be closed to motorized traffic (cars, trucks, etc.) from precisely the advertised start time to precisely the advertised end time. You may bring your equipment by car/truck, but please be sure to have your motorized vehicle off the event streets by 10:45 a.m. You will not be allowed on the event streets with your motorized vehicle again until after the event ends at 3 p.m. A one-hour tear-down time is allotted and street will reopen at 4 p.m.
- Sidewalks must be kept free and clear during the event, and remain passable before and after the event.
- There will be one clear active travel lane at all times during the event. When setting up, please allow space for participants to move around your activity and not interfere with the clear lane requirement.
- If you have a tent, it may not be larger than 10 feet wide (acceptable sizes include 10 feet x 10 feet or 10 feet x 20 feet, as long as the tent does not extend more than 10 feet into the street from the curb). Please plan to not use more than 20 feet of width for your entire programming activity.
- Lancaster Rec reserves the right to not provide space on the street at Open Streets for organizations, businesses, or individuals for any reason.
- For general event questions, please contact Spencer Shambaugh at email@example.com
- For sponsorships and partnerships to support this event, please contact Jack Bingeman at firstname.lastname@example.org